Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In NYC, and feeling fine

Musings from NYC:

  • Today is tax relief day at Dunkin Donuts https://www.dunkindonuts.com/ buy a coffee, get a donut for free
  • Shops near Times Square were open at 8am when I walked from my hotel to there. In case you need some sneakers for your lunch time game, Foot Locker is ready to sell them to you
  • Central Park was packed full of runners this morning and naturally I had to try to pass as many people as possible without being passed myself and now I’m tired as hell. There was just one small blond girl that I couldn’t catch. She was booking.
  • Investment bankers are so busy they can’t even meet for a drink. Or at least, they pretend to be so busy they can’t meet.
  • People here are cranky. Yesterday I got out of the taxi and felt a bit flustered by almost getting run over by opening the door into traffic, and then when I got out on the right side I shut the door and someone yelled at me for not leaving the door open for him. The taxi driver yelled at me too. Do people in NY die earlier than elsewhere as a result of their foul moods?
  • Hotel rooms in NY are probably the worst of any major city, and they charge twice as much for the privilege of staying there

No comments:

Family Christmas 2007

Family Christmas 2007